shannon mayfield principal

Mutual Fund and ETF data provided by Refinitiv Lipper. He will receive $115,000 annually. However, Mayfield doesnt believe students should be allowed to do everything in the way they see as best. He was so connected with our students, Seyka said. While he did not say this in so many words, the intent was out there for all to see. Shannon Mayfield, a former principal at high schools in Pennsylvania with at least 11 years of administrative experience, was one of two finalists picked by the school's committee, after Ray and Associates Inc., a nationwide school executive search company, helped pare the pool of applicants down to 11. 3 Beds. The Allentown School District selected Shannon Mayfield to become William Allen High School's next principal during Thursday night's board of directors' meeting. The family challenged the suspension, arguing that it as invalid because it was imposed without offering Dissinger an opportunity to be heard in from of the school board, which is guaranteed under a public school code. Chenault recounted seeing ELHS Principal Shannon Mayfield hit in the back of the head trying to stop the fight. And then I just stand back and smile, Mayfield said. Mayfield told The Morning Call in July 2013 after leaving the district, As Adderall shortage continues, DEA plans to limit some telemedicine prescriptions, House where JonBenet Ramsey was found dead listed for sale for almost $7M, Columbia University permanently drops SAT, ACT admissions requirement, The Waterbed Doctor: California retailer lays claim to retro bed with nearly 40 years of service, sales, Felonious Florida podcast: Missing teenage girl leads to several cases of child sex trafficking, Do Not Sell/Share My Personal Information. "Having a dynamic leader for William Allen was a priority," Superintendent Thomas Parker said in explaining his nomination of Mayfield. As the newly hired principal at East Lansing High School, Mayfield, 61, is continuing his long career of community-oriented service. A search in the Pennsylvania court system brings up one suit involving Mayfield, who was an assistant principal at Manheim Township High School at the time. Its not my way. "I don't talk down to or demean any human being I ever deal with," he said. Il permet de dtailler la liste des options de recherche, qui modifieront les termes saisis pour correspondre la slection actuelle. Mary Fata. Abby Kessler can be reached at 924-7172, ext. California Department of Education (CDE) as a public convenience. He brought with him a message of school unity and pride and a Canary Nation catchphrase. Google Map. 2023 FOX News Network, LLC. James Shannon married Sophia Ann Crutcher on July 10, 1833, and the following year the family relocated to Jackson County, Illinois. New York State Police Major Barry Chase, the commander of Troop E, told reporters Thursday that there were nine victims, all between 8 and 12 years old and all students at Ashtons school. He hopes students understand that he wishes for them to succeed. Luke Shafnisky, who has been with the Allentown School District for 13 years, was hired as the new principal, replacing the recently-resigned Shannon Mayfield. We loved hearing his passion for giving back. If you purchase a product or register for an account through one of the links on our site, we may receive compensation. This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply. Email Shannon Beck 918-274-3000. Ashley Schwarzbek. Assistant Principal. You do not have to wait in line for greatness. See the complete profile on LinkedIn and discover Shannon's connections and jobs at similar companies. Shannon Mayfield, CNM. Fox News Flash top headlines for April 15. Both moves were transfers from previous ASD positions. Be who you are, but be better than who you have been, Mayfield said. Law enforcement allowed me to understand what a healthy balance is, Mayfield said. You all see everything that we see. A native of Ellijay, Georgia, Shannon graduated from the University of Georgia with a bachelor's degree in Philosophy and Juris Doctorate from the School of . How do I nudge and nurture, for you to go head-on and get out there and do what it is you need to do? In 2016-17 (the most recent numbers available from the state), Allens graduation rate was 67 percent more than 20 percentage points below the state average, according to state numbers. Read more; Contact. The provider is registered as an individual and her NPI record . Community Rules apply to all content you upload or otherwise submit to this site. The Hilton Central School District said it was cooperating with police in the investigation and that Ashton hasnt been around students since spring break began on March 26 which is also when police said the states child abuse hotline received an anonymous tip that included allegations of abuse by the principal. William Allen High School Names New Principal, 106 N. 17th Street, Allentown, PA 18104 | Phone, PDE Opportunity Scholarship Tax Credit Program (OSTCP), Program of Studies / Academic Requirements, William Allen High School Earns College Board AP Computer Science Female Diversity Award, ASD Finalizes Graduation Plans for Class of 2023, Cheryl Clark to Serve as Next Principal of William Allen High School, ASD to Host In School SAT Testing Day for All 11th Grade Students, ASD Announces Students for Change Program, 2022-2023 Program of Studies & Updated Graduation Requirements, ASD Board Approves 2022-23 School Year Calendar, ASD Announces Mid-Year Administrative Changes & Appointments for WAHS, Allen High School to Rename Gym Lobby to Doug Snyders Way, ASD Outlines Graduation Plans Ceremonies for the Class of 2022, William Allen HS Class of 1966 makes Memorial Gift to the ASD Foundation, ASD Outlines Tentative Graduation Plans Ceremonies for the Class of 2021, William Allen High School Receives National Athletic Trainers Association Safe Sports School Award, Grace Edinger named the 2020-2021 Lehigh Valley Soccer Scholar Athlete of the Year, Free Sports Physicals for Student Athletes, Class of 2020 - In-Person Graduation Update, WAHS Recognizes Class of 2020 Scholarship Recipients, WAHS Selects New Head Boys Basketball Coach and Athletic Director, ASD Announces Virtual & In Person Graduation Dates for the #Classof2020, WAHS Students Continue to Soar Amid Pandemic Closure, WAHS Basketball to Host Elementary PAL All Star Game, 2020 Allentown/William Allen Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony, ASD Names 2019-20 Student Representatives to School Board, Allentown School District & Bloomsburg University Partner for Guaranteed Admission Agreement, Allentown Art Museum to Offer Free Admission to High School Students, Scheller Scholarship Opens Doors for Early College Students at LCCC, William Allen Construction Company Dugout Dedication, WAHS to host Generosity Feeds Event June 1, Senior Anna Tjeltveit Wins Prestigious Wesleyan University Hamilton Prize for Creativity, ASD Introduces Three New Programs for High School Students, Six Students Chosen to Represent William Allen HS at ASD Board Meetings, Allentown Academy of the Arts to Host Art Auction, WAHS Puts Anonymous Donation Towards Technology Upgrade, Allen Baseball Team Receives VIP MLB Experience, 2018 Big A Awards - Athletic & Academic Scholarship Recipients, WAHS Construction Co. Receives Grant from MLB, Allen Student Takes Top Honors in National Congressional Art Contest, Honor Student Alexis Rounds Nominated for The Congress of Future Science and Technology Leaders in Boston, MA, Allentown Students Design and Participate in a National Day of Student Advocacy for School Safety, 42 Allentown Students Honored in 2018 Scholastic Arts Awards, William Allen High School Receives National Athletic Trainers Association Safe Sports School. Request Data Update(s). Mailing Address. Administrative Assistant/Testing. if (photocredit.indexOf(sellablestring) > -1) { ", Mayfield said Mayo made several disrespectful remarks to him, including jokingly accusing him of having attention-deficit disorder, and once saying, "I'm still trying to get a read on you.". It was real nice to have that collaboration piece. Meet Our Staff The people that work here make all the difference. This article was written by Portrait co-editor-in-chief Adn Toms Quan and social media editor Frankie Calabrese-Barton. I was known to prank my students. Principal. Brigadier General Anna Mae Hays Elementary School. Mayfield holds teaching, principal and superintendent certifications in Michigan, Georgia and Pennsylvania. Copyright 2022 Meet Michael Murtaugh - All Rights Reserved. $319,000 Last Sold Price. The two finalists Mayfield and Michael Tenters toured the school in May. Editors note:An incomplete version of this story was published in the June 15 print edition. CALIFORNIA ETHNIC STUDIES PITCH DENOUNCES US AS 'PARASITIC SYSTEM' BASED ON THE 'INVASION' OF WHITE SETTLERS. But an environment based on punishment and confrontation is not an environment Mayfield enjoys. And it breeds success when you're in that kind of an environment," Mayfield said. "The primary target of the uplift centered on removing the 'institutionalized concept' and associated vibe that was uninspiring for students, staff and community stakeholders," Mayfield wrote in an email. Ft. 3518 Black Oak Ridge Ln, Knoxville, TN 37918. 517-333-7502. Senior Will Beekman, the student body president, is impressed with the new principal so far. Mayo said he agreed, and that efforts have since been made to improve that process for all employees. Board member Ce-Ce Gerlach expressed disappointment over the resignation and suggested Mayo and the administration be introspective about why so many administrators have resigned. He also said Mayo had approached him in May about the fact that a longtime William Allen assistant principal made more money than Mayfield. "I've been in difficult situations. This doesnt have anything to do with students and the satisfaction I got out of the job.. As Mayfield was living in California at the time, the first interview was held over Zoom. 234 or akessler@ledgertranscript.com. I was told I was viewed in high regard, but that Im not an option at this time, Mayfield said. The Allentown School District selected Shannon Mayfield to become William Allen High School's next principal during Thursday night's board of directors' meeting. '"; Mr. We want you to be who you are. Shannon Mayfield, a popular Allen High principal who led the school for one year, has been selected again to lead the Allentown high school. You have permission to edit this article. The board has approved the hiring of Shannon Mayfield, originally from Michigan and currently in California. Nikie Tabor. But the restart allowed the committee to find Mayfield for the ELHS leadership role. "Whenever [students] can academically, sports teams swimming, newspapers, yearbook, folks are competing. Directors also approved the hiring of Patrick McCarty to become the facilities services director of child nutrition and Anthony Pidgeon to become executive director of human resources. Debra Tretter, president of the Allentown Education Association, recalled Burkhart as a "wonderful man" who she will greatly miss and someone who had great love for the city of Allentown and the Allentown School District. 1430 N Street The New Ipswich Planning Board accepted the application by Silver Scone Teas for a site plan review of its proposed tea party event business, but With a snowstorm forecast for this weekend, send your photos to news@ledgertranscript.com so we can know whats going on where you live.Make sure AntrimTown/School District Elections: Tuesday, March 14, 8 a.m.-7 p.m.Town Office. Jacqueline Mayfield tendre la recherche. "Some of the students told me. East Lansing High School student Nick Chenault speaking to the school board on Jan. 23, 2023. Shafnisky left Allentown to be principal at Northampton Area High School. He officially started at ELHS July 1, 2022. 3110 60th St. Sacramento, CA 95820-1833. I allow my students to configure their classrooms. Lisa McBride Teacher. Here is the full story. Mr. Its like were human sponges. Nunc dignissim metus non metus egestas, vel congue mi rhoncus. [Students] need to have a say in a lot of the things that are going on, Mayfield said. Mrs. Molly Chace '00 Assistant Principal Academic Services and Technology. Monadnock Ledger-Transcript. MAYFIELD, Johnny ShannonReverend Johnny Shannon MayfieldSeptember 21, 1969-December 29, 2020Shannon Mayfield died at his home in Athens, Georgia on December 29 after a valiant eight-year battle . Story tips can be sent to michael.ruiz@fox.com and on Twitter: @mikerreports, Get all the stories you need-to-know from the most powerful name in news delivered first thing every morning to your inbox. 2023 Advance Local Media LLC. Mr. Joel Hartmann Executive Director of Athletics. His Latin teacher was French-Canadian, his biology teacher Korean American, and the other staff ranged from African-American, Latino and multiracial. 2.5 Baths. We would like to show you a description here but the site won't allow us. Shannon Mayfield stepped into the position of East Lansing High School principal on July 1, 2022. William Allen High School Principal Shannon Mayfield resigned after one year on the job. "But I do need to know you want me to be successful and not play some kind of mind games with me.". 265 Lehigh Street, Allentown, PA 18105 | Phone 484-765-4401 | Fax . Mr. Kirk Ashton, the 51-year-old principal at Northwood Elementary School in Greece, N.Y., faces six counts of first-degree sex abuse, five additional felony sex charges and nine counts of endangering the welfare of a child. People from all over studied and taught at the school. Shannon Mayfield stepped into the position of East Lansing High School principal on July 1, 2022. Mayfield said Monday he accepted a job as principal at Overbrook High School in Philadelphia. "I don't want her to go to this school anymore." In a public speech in 2013 at Resurrected Life Community Church in Allentown, Mayfield said while he was principal, attendance rates rose 2.5-3.5 percent, depending on the grade, and disciplinary issues were cut in half. Mayfield said there were many others involved in the suit, including the superintendent, assistant superintendent, and principal at the time, and they have all gone on to be promoted within the state school system. Address: 3110 60th Street Sacramento, CA 95820 Office hours: 8:00AM - 4:00PM Portrait is the student newspaper of East Lansing High School. In in lectus vestibulum, aliquet arcu et, vulputate felis. Shannon Mayfield will answer questions about who he is, why he chose to come to Allentown, and changes he would like to see at the school, according to the district. The board will vote on his appointment at its July 26 meeting. Mayfields salary will be $115,000. Lived In Auburn Hills MI, Atlanta GA, Lancaster PA, Douglasville GA. Related To Rutledge Mayfield, Malcolm Mayfield, Martin Mayfield, Jean Mayfield. CDS Code. Shafnisky left Allentown to become principal of Northampton Area High School. View more recently sold homes. Get up-to-the-minute news sent straight to your device. And it breeds success when youre in that kind of an environment, Mayfield said. Fox News Flash top headlines are here. Cuando se ampla, se proporciona una lista de opciones de bsqueda para que los resultados coincidan con la seleccin actual. According to court filings, high school Assistant Principal Shannon Mayfield and a township police officer questioned Dissinger at the May 19, 2012 post-prom party at the high school because. Mayfield holds teaching, principal and superintendent certifications in Michigan, Georgia and Pennsylvania. Administrative Assistant/Attendance. Mayfield lasted one year as principal, but he has been chosen for the job again. Shannon Mayfield, the first Black principal of Allen High School, is resigning effective June 30. Maybe I assumed too much but when I left that meeting, I felt more comfortable as a result.". Mayo said he learned in January that Mayfield was considering leaving the district, which he believed was due to uncertainty over the district's budget, which ultimately eliminated 26 positions. Mayo had claimed he just learned the information and would do something about it. All updates/corrections must be routed through the LEA CDS coordinator. We could soon find out, A windy, cloudy Saturday for the Lehigh Valley, but the sun will come out tomorrow, Six years after hazing death, Penn State plans to drop the Greek life oversight it championed, Tom Sizemore, Saving Private Ryan actor, dies at 61. All of his jobs have been valuable experiences to him. Public Records for Shannon Mayfield Found. Aenean at suscipit lectus. Growing up in Detroit made Mayfield aware of the value of diversity. A powerful and passionate speaker who can inspire: Invite Michael to speak to your group - click here. He's always stood firm in his truth and not let anything or anyone "rattle his cage." So it's fitting that tonight as Part 2 airs, Jeremy is again at a dirt track close by helping. Mutual Fund and ETF data provided by Refinitiv Lipper. He also has confidence in his students. Email Lisa McBride 918-272-5334. 2,942 Sq. Mayfield also enjoys the competitive spirit in sports and activities at ELHS, something he believes creates a better environment. var tag_id = document.getElementById('buylinkcvMayfield-ml-061517,ph1'); One board member expressed disappointment over the loss and questioned the reasons for the recent departure of several district administrators. Hes gonna be a good leader for the school, seems to really care about the students and really wants to be involved with everything. I bring that type of attitude to the table because its important. $365,000 Last Sold Price. His background and experience outside of education also provide him a different perspective from those of us who have been in education all of our lives, Leyko said. He is an adjunct professor at McCann School of Business and Technology. https://lnkd.in/gDbV-fHu www.ssamoneymatters.com #ssamoneymatters #mgmcityevents #nicovannashannon The material on this site may not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with the prior written permission of Advance Local. It was evident that he loves working with high school students, and takes great pride in his work and in making ELHS an outstanding place to work and learn.. Parker, a University of Michigan graduate, worked in Detroit schools before serving as superintendent in nearby Ecorse. Thursday night, the . He already seems to have an acronym for everything.

Volunteer Step Forward Everyone Steps Back Gif, Wolf Hybrid Laws Texas, Sectoral Heterochromia In Dogs, Articles S