2005 ford five hundred shuts off while driving

The left fuel pump help maintain the pressure in the tank and the fuel rail which allow the car to run sometime with no problems and then stall with no warning or stumble. by Cuda_jim Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:50 am, Post This happens at different times of day and seems to be more often when it is warmer. I fully suspect a set of wiring and spark plugs will also turn up in this " open checkbook event " just as apparently most everyone else has had for the " FIX " to this NASTY problem with the '05 FORD Escape. The mechanic drained the air conditioning system however, the failure was not corrected. Apparently this is a ongoing problem with these vehicles. Im afraid for the safety of my fellow drivers on the at night . Was going to take it to the mechanic on Monday and the car just died. I think corrective action should be taken towards a resolution. I was able to restart it and drove it about a 100 yards and parked it in my driveway.The next day I was at my childrens school waiting to pick them up idling in park and the car died. It may be an electrical issue causing your Mustang to shut off, so your Ford dealer will be able to diagnose it. When you start the car and let it set it will run for a few minutes then shut off. If the computer loses the signal from this sensor, the computer sees no reason to operate the ignition and fuel systems so the engine shuts off. I mean it can't be normal wear and tear or for that matter why did I have notice of a problem from my system check. If this is happening to Explorers, Freestyles, Mustangs and many other makes and models maybe the throttle body assembly was made by the same mfg. The vehicle was not further repaired. Who buys a car to keep dumping cash into it & burdening people for rides?????? by tmac1180 Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:20 pm, You need to be a member in order to post a reply, Not a member? It will surge making slow turns and surge when put into drive. 05 500 Limited, AWD, CVT Amp and 2, 12 inch boomers in the trunk. we love it. 2022, CarProblemZoo.com All rights reserved. 5.4 shutting off while driving. What Do You Have Any Suggestions To Help Figure Out Why 2005 F150 With 4.2l 6 Cyl 2wd Will Not Start. The instrument cluster goes off sometimes and doesn't come back on. I was almost sold on Ford until recently when I was with my family in my 2005 Ford Explorer. But I can't reset driver controls until doors show closed. Borrowed a car AGAIN. However, I was able to get off the road and make a right turn at the next road and pull over. See The Life of a Man 2.96K subscribers Subscribe 645 Share 203K views 5 years ago Quick video to show a temp fix. at idle, it went away and everything was fine. Put in new fuse it blew. Have a 2005 Ford Escape on my out of town car stopped. I am now relatively convinced that I will not be persuaded to buy another Ford in the foreseeable future, until they learn that they must keep pace with foreign competition on quality and engineering. The crankshaft position sensor's role is monitoring the engine's many moving parts including the crankshaft, engine valves, and pistons. When this happens the reverse lights come on even when in drive. Car stalled out 2 times on the way to the dealer. While driving 60 mph, the vehicle failed to accelerate and the power train wrench icon illuminated. Car shuts off while driving down the road. HELP! This problem caused my car to quit while driving down the road, it could have ended in and accident. Its free and only takes a minute, Return to 2000-2007 Ford Taurus & Mercury Sable (4th Generation), Powered by phpBB Forum Software phpBB Limited. As a side note, I ran the on-board diagnostic (that you get to through the setup feature on the steering wheel) and it found no problems. In my opinion, the computer caused the problem due to a very deficient manufacturing of it. I have also noticed a mechanical smell coming from the ac. Dealer wants $950 to replace throttle body. they usually are. It has recurred a few times, its most noticeable after dark as dash lights go black. I have looked my car up to see if it has a recall but none are given. Ford Five Hundred Vehicles With This Problem 3 model years affected 2005, 2006, 2007 Average mileage: 126,054 (1-300,000) Check Engine Light Diagnosis & Testing : $88 -$111 The average cost for a Ford Five Hundred Check Engine Light Diagnosis & Testing is between $88 -$111. I looked on here and it seems a lot of Escapes have the same problem. This happens frequently almost daily in the summer. I Was Driving It On The Hwy When The Truck Just Turned Off. When Im the vehicle and the temperature reaches middle temp ,the car starts to beep and all the dashboard lights go completely out and the head lights and tail lights be blinking as if they are about to go off . I went online & found info on a technical service bulletin "TSB 06-17-9 09/04/06 - intermittent instrument cluster", it does not appear to be a recall item so assuming any repairs are entirely owner cost ?. The car will just shut down all lights except headlights and it will still run. register to join our community I got back in the car turned the ignition and after a few seconds it started and I could tell it was only running on 4 cylinders instead of 6. 2006 Ford Five Hundred. I was a hundred yards away from my house and the dashboard lit up with all possible warning lights, then the engine died, and refused to turn over. The contact stated while driving approximately 30 mph, the vehicle became inoperable unable to shift into gear. Started while going down the expressway now constant. While braking, the car will lurch and I mean really jump forward (or also in reverse) while rpm's surge/rev extremely high causing me to press very,very hard on the brakes at times slamming down to keep the car from going out of control by itself. Speedometer doesn't register, I can't tell when I need gas. Expect the throttle body needs to be replaced but don't want to spend any more money on "diagnostics" when Ford knows this is a problem part and they need to stand behind it!!!!! I need your help before I waste thousands of dollars for me to just junk this big paper weight. Back of me car did same thing. It should never be in control of moving by itself when the brakes are applied. Code is p0191, replaced fuel pump and inertia switch as suggested in tsb. Car shuts off while driving down the road. If you get one from the salvage get them from the same car. spent so much money and time trying to figure out problem. I have a 2002 f250 5.4 and while I am driving it just cuts off. The problem might be with a defective crankshaft position sensor. My son's 2010 with the 5.4 was doing this. Just because the check engine light isnt currently on, does NOT automatically mean there are not stored fault codes to retrieve. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact opened the hood and flames emerged from the engine and the smoke turned black. Follow directions how to clear failsafe and implement them. .Started up to drive home started & chugged, stepping on gas has no effect. Marcus, the service manager informed me a new wiring harness was now needed since the original one was melted by the PCM shorting out. It's acting like bad alternator. The cluster will turn off ( tac, speedo, gas guage, ect ) Then all the warning lights will come on at the same time and stay light up ( 4x4, abs, engine, parking brake ect ) The odometer will just be blank ( it is still lit up but no mileage is shown ) Tac, speedo, and all my gauges look as if the truck is off I am very good to my car so now what. Our harness is an upgraded, direct replacement for the GM 15862656 and the AC Delco PT2195. One restarted it returned to normal but the wrench icon light was on the dash. I then replaced a coil pack. Had to put my hazards on and try to restart car, restarted and then as soon as I put it into drive it stalled again. The approximate failure mileage was 49,000. Thought there would of been a recall on it considering amount of complaints. The approximate failure mileage was 250,000. Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information, 2006 F150 5.4 Sputtering - New thread CONDENSED, https://www.morepowertuning.com/how-to-idle-relearn. This happened 3-4 times until I could move to the next light and stop and go through the whole process all over again. The approximate failure mileage was 55,000. . While driving approximately 70 mph, all of the gauges on the instrument cluster stopped functioning and displayed readings of zero. If the key is not removed, it will not restart. Battery just goes dead over night. Just driving along at around 45-50 mph and the vehicle just dies and steering locks up. I was stopped at an intersection. by racingrush Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:59 am, Post The fire destroyed the left front engine area. No lights and not running rough. The failure mileage was 83,000. Faulty Crankshaft Position Sensor One of the most common reasons for the issue of car shuts off while driving is a faulty crankshaft position sensor. The fail safe mode warning light started to illuminate. Cluster panel just shuts off while running and can't use air, radio, windows, locks, seats, etc. . This car is still under warranty and had all its 5K maintenance serviced from the FORD workshop!!! after I was happy that it had crunk up an was running again, so I changed it imediately and crank it up and same thing happens again. statistics and reliability analysis of Ford Five Hundred based on all problems reported for the Five Hundred. The battery will just die and stop holding a charge. This problem resulted in a $700 repair bill. I will check into it. problems related to car stall (under the engine and engine cooling category). Twice the car was running at approximately 65 mph and suddenly go into failsafe mode then stall out. I had no warning, no lights had been coming on. The vehicle would then stall once the message was displayed and would not restart. The mechanic stated that the transmission needed top be replaced. Did not fix problem. But on a hot day (90+) when moving from a stopped position out of a parking spot or around a corner, when you lightly have the brake pedal depressed if you turn the wheel slightly (ie backing out of a tight parking space) the car will lunge violently and aggressively in what ever direction you are traveling, sometimes so aggressively it will stall the vehicle out and then go into a failsafe mode. When the car comes to a natural stop and you were lucky enough to survive the situation, Shift the gear from D to P and turn the ignition you are back on the road again.. No hint that there was a problem before major mechanical problem. I had a bad no-start situation because the key was only working when inserted just the right way. On day 6 I accelerated to 50mph and the dash lit up like a christmas tree and just stalled. My daughter managed to get car off the road. well 2-3 months later I get it to crank with a phone call from a mechanic I paid to call, and boom my brand new ignition coil pops up in smoke under the hood. 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel - 6.0 randomly shuts off - 04 with 170k miles. 2005 FORD FIVE HUNDRED 90,000 MILES Car stalls while driving. In addition, the vehicle would suddenly stall and the fail safe engine sensor indicator illuminated on several occasions. I would like Ford to take some responsibility as this seems to be happening to most 500's and it is well known by many but not acknowledged by Ford. I have a 2007 Ford Five Hundred with 21K miles. the car could stall at anytime while driving putting myself and my family at risk, I don't think much of this automobile company for not standing behind there product, I will never recommend a Ford vehicle to friends,family or even my worst enemy never never again!!!!. Cruise does not work. I see someone already pointed out no recall on this problem. The manufacturer was notified of the defect. Mechanic suggested I try putting claim in with insurance company since it involved computer burn but they said mechanical problem was the cause so no coverage. The car was driven from Florida to Philadelphia with no problems and it had its regular inspections. We have since talked to several Ford dealers including Ford motor company , they all said it was our responsibility to fix the problem. This, as well as no speedometer to me is very dangerous. They swapped it with a 2006 five hundred motor. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission, which supports our community. Find solutions to your toyota ecu reset procedure question. Initially said it was the throttle senor for a cost of $300. It was very cold and snowy out. They issued memo's to their stores, (which I have copies of) but NEVER sent a letter to the owners. That is costing me 1600.00 dollars. 2005 - 2007 Ford Five Hundred Throttle Body Problems DIY Auto Homeschool 18.7K subscribers Subscribe 1.2K Share 96K views 3 years ago In this video, we are dealing with throttle body issues on. I am gonna submit mechanics report everywhere once I get it and he completes. The most recently reported issues are listed below. I Was Driving One Day And My 1994 Ford Aerostar 3.0 V6 Suddenly Lost All Power And Would Not Start After. Wont shift from first gear after cluster panel shuts off. The vehicle was not repaired. It smelled of acrid, melted plastic and burned electronics. Turns on and off intermittently. I always liked Fords, but I don't know now. The vehicle has not been repaired. again other Ford Five Hundred owners also experienced these issues! If your motor runs fine and suddenly dies, one of these three things is abruptly taken away. the car could stall at anytime while driving putting myself and my family at risk, I don't think much of this automobile company for not standing behind there product, I will never recommend a Ford vehicle to friends,family or even my worst enemy never never again!!!!. When I Turn The Key I Here It Start And Then It Stalls Out. It isn't far fetched that this electrical issue with failed safeguards could have resulted in far more injury than my slightly burned fingers. Recalls need to be put into place before someone dies! Reverse lights come on and airbag light comes on. Ford should be very glad that there was not an accident at 70 mph. to no avail. Only light on dash was the airbag light. . The mechanic advised the contact that the air conditioning system needed to be replaced. Car Won't Start When I Turn The Key I Here It Start And Then It Stalls Out. It does appear that it only happens when the accelerator is not depressed and will sometimes stay running if you hit the Gas Pedal as soon as it starts to happen. The most common reasons a car shuts off while driving are a bad crankshaft position sensor or fuel supply problems. Then I have to restart itfor it to temporaily go away then it happens again. Ask your Ford dealer. The vehicle was not further repaired. This is dangerous and should be an electrical recall. The contact owns a 2005 Ford Five Hundred. Every time, the car comes to stop or dies on me. . No lights came on and was able to drive. While driving the dash board goes dead and all of the gauges go to zero. The car is essentially un-drivable, because we cannot count on it to get to us work on time or safely. JavaScript is disabled. That shop showed me a Ford technical Service Bulletin on this issue but the dealership refused to help, The check engine light came on the next day.but I was out of money. The manufacturer was notified who advised that there were no recalls for the vehicle and offered no other assistance. While driving various speeds, the vehicle suddenly accelerated independently and there was a sudden increase of engine rpms. statistics and reliability analysis of Ford Five Hundred, all problems of the 2006 Ford Five Hundred, all problems of the 2005 Ford Five Hundred, all problems of the 2007 Ford Five Hundred. The vehicle that I have is a 2005 Ford F-150 4x4 with a 5.4 litre engine. See 2005 Ford Five Hundred Engine Stopped Running While Driving.

Greenwich High School Football 2021, Lwa Ti Pierre, Kadena Air Base Building Number Map, Robert Hawkins Obituary, Maxima Fitness Treadmill User Manual, Articles OTHER