2003 chevy s10 pros and cons

It's been a great vehicle for me. A great little truck for brand new 16 year olds. The full complement of gauges is excellent and easy to read, but the upright dashboard is constructed of cheap- and brittle-looking plastic. After buying it i looked up numbers to find out that it has a SS drive train along with possi, and a Extreme chasse . While it is no longer available in the North American market, the Chevrolet S10 refreshed in 2020. Three versions were available regular, extended, and crew cabs. Ac cools really good during the summer. You consent to our cookies if you continue to use this website. Chevrolets compact pickup truck sees only a handful of changes for the 2003 model year, including a new fuel-injection system for its 4.3-liter V-6 engine. I got a lot of things accomplished with this truck. Below, well list down some of its most notable benefits: Despite the good things, the Chevy S10 has several drawbacks, including the following: The Chevrolet S10 is a compact and affordable truck. With this, Chevrolet discontinued manufacturing the S10 pickup in 2004. A bad valve inside the fuel pump sends fuel back into the tank, leaving no fuel or fuel pressure in the fuel lines. | #910520139. If coolant leaks on the passenger side floor, if there is a sweet smell in the cabin, or if the windshield fogs up when driving, the heater core is leaking. Pros: the power and mileage of the 4.3 vortec engine, Cons: the ride(might have to much air in the tires-will check today), Advice: GO FOR IT!!! Quality: Overall, the quality is quite underwhelming. 3 bds. Rides great,good fuel mileage,quite and lots of room. No matter how you configure it, Xtreme stands out from the crowd with body-color grille and bumpers, front air dam with fog lamps, full ground effects with wheel flares, and unique 16-inch aluminum wheels wearing P235/55 blackwall tires. The engine has needed repair twice for intake manifold gasket leaks. Replacing the heater core includes removing the dash, steering column, and heater box to access the heater core. Meanwhile, a regular cab with a long bed has a wheelbase of 117.9 inches. Domestic manufacturers felt the pressure to introduce highly-capable vehicles that come in small sizes. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. A new ZR5 option for Crew Cab trucks includes black aluminum bed rails, side steps, a roof rack and wheel flares. Find install videos for many years, makes, and models in 1A Autos video library. The latter improved the trucks air conditioning units, generating lesser emissions while producing the same power. Riding on a special ZQ8 suspension that is lowered 2 full inches, the two-wheel-drive only Xtreme aims to be a factory sport truck that can be custom tailored to meet a variety of needs and budgets. The heat works really well in the winter. Exterior Chevrolets compact pickup is offered in four configurations. This will also cause the vent doors to not open, close, and move as directed, and it can break the HVAC control unit if fluid gets inside. But I've learned to cope. 4.3L Vortec ICV and TPS Failure. It is a truck but has A/C, plush seats, tinted windows, carpet, a deluxe AM/FM/stereo radio/CD player and lots of extras. Very happy with it. Even by todays standards, the S10 is an iconic pickup truck. Edmunds lets you track your vehicle's value over time so you can decide when to sell or trade in. you're interested in, check the AutoCheck vehicle history reports, read dealer reviews, and find It is available in three colors midnight black, frost white, and apple red. See below. Through the years, there were different versions of the S10 pickup. The Chevy S10 is a compact pick-up truck released in 1982. Test for a Bad or Noisy Wheel Bearing, Wheel Bearings & Wheel Hubs 101: What They Are And How They Fail. It is easy on tires and brakes. I've had it since 2004. The idle control valve ("ICV") and throttle position sensors ("TPS") are prone to failure on all 4.3 engines, which can result in poor idling, engine stalling, bad acceleration, and other low-rpm running problems. will help you decide. Its bumpers and grill have the same colors as the body. It has a sportier appearance, which is made possible by the black bumpers, 15-inch aluminum-alloy wheels, and a longer frame. It isn't a https://www.s10forum.com/threads/replacing-lower-intake-manifold-gaskets-w-pics.328484/, https://chevytrucks.org/delete-or-disable-active-fuel-management/, Idle control valve and throttle position sensor failure, Engine knock (primarily on L35 and LF6 1996-2002), Excess oil consumption (primarily on LU3 from 2004-2009), Leaking coolant / dripping onto garage floor, P0300 to P0306 engine codes (for misfire), Poor idling, acceleration, etc. In theory, three people fit across an S-Series bench seat, but only someone as slim as TV's Ally McBeal could fit comfortably in the space allotted. It is generally reliable but does occasionally disappoint. The 2WD regular-cab Long Box S-10 rides a 117.9-inch wheelbase and stretches to 206.1 inches long overall. * Vehicle Make, Model and Year are required. Autobytel features real consumer reviews that give the unbiased experience of a car. of torque in 4WD models). The truck had three generations since 1982. Common Problems on the 2009-20 Nissan 370Z, Common 7th Gen 2013-19 Nissan Sentra Problems, Got Wheel Wobble? Looks like a real nice ride, I dont think $1500 is out of line, I paid that for my 90. The regular cab version has two doors. This can be done from underneath the vehicle by supporting the tank and removing the straps, or by removing the bed to the side to access the fuel pump. . Check engine light comes on due to fuel cap. who needs abs it is useless anyhowI think I have had one time this truck didn't start in 10 years..cause of the fuel relay..to me that is a dependable truck..the rest I can deal with. I love the way the truck runs and drives; it has amazing comfort and reliability when it comes to a truck. Meanwhile, the width is 67.9 inches, and the height is 63.5 inches. No. FIRST TEAM REAL ESTATE. Despite the size, it has plenty of hauling space that makes it functional. My 2003 S10 Extended Cab is the perfect vehicle for me. I have nothing but great things to say about this truck! From city to highway driving, mileage is a good thing in this pickup. Options for Customization: The S10 offers freedom when it comes to customization. All rights reserved 2023 Copyright RoadSumo.com. 1500 seems a high imo. I bought it for $5500 in 2006, with about 130,000 miles, and have been pretty hard on it since then, with no major repairs. It was designed to rival the dominance of Japan-made pickups in the United States. Ford vs Chevy vs Dodge - Which Truck Is Better? Things you have to do for every car/truck but other than that i haven't done anything and it just runs like a top. These are the cars we work on: Honda Accord, Honda Civic, Honda Odyssey . When four-wheel drive (4WD) is activated, an encoder motor electronically shifts the transfer case to 4WD and presses a vacuum switch at the top of the transfer case that sends vacuum to the front differential. If the ball at the bottom of the sensor is stuck flush with the sensor, the sensor is faulty. Most buyers choose the 4.3-liter Vortec V-6, which is standard in 4WD models. For 2004, the new Colorado midsize pickup will replace the S-10, which has a long history in Chevrolets truck lineup. Meanwhile, the 4.3L V6 engine has 165 HP. During the 2002 model year, a Flame/Heat decal was added to the Xtreme models and a ZR5 Sport Appearance Package became available for the Crew Cab trucks. Pros Fast, very good looking truck with a solid vortec engine with lasted me over 200,000 miles maybe more if I didn't sell it due to the horrible mpg. dollar. also the heater core clogged but I blew it out with some water. It was an instant hit following its introduction because of the popularity of off-roading in the United States in the 80s. Good gas milage comfortable, 03/01/2023 | 1999 Chevrolet S10%20Extended%20Cab, 08/19/2022 | 1996 Chevrolet S10 Extended Cab, 07/29/2022 | 2001 Chevrolet S10 Extended Cab, 07/06/2022 | 1999 Chevrolet S10 Regular Cab, 06/03/2022 | 1995 Chevrolet S10 Regular Cab, Provided by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. It gives her room for her things and her dog. The interior and the exterior has held up very well. I found that you really don't need a full size truck to accomplish 99.9% of the work that a regular family requires. * check out the pros and cons, trims, specs . If you can pick a s10 up im sure you won't regret it! 53 days on Zillow. That's the trend, and Chevy has continued transforming its small-scale pickups into everyday vehicles, without blurring their identity as practical machines. Specialties: We specialize in Honda, Acura, Chevy, GM, Hummer and Cadillac Escalade automatic transmissions! Extended cabs are available in Base trim this year, and LS models have revised exterior moldings. The interior and the exterior has held up very well. A good example of this was the steering wheel, which did not have airbags. Overview 4.1 (40 reviews) 4 trims Starting msrp listed lowest to highest price Base $14,770 LS $16,120 LS Extended Cab $18,120 LS Crew Cab $24,370 Wondering. Air conditioning and a tachometer are standard. Like most of today's compact trucks, Chevrolet's S-Series has been growing more carlike, especially since its last redesign in 1994. The Used 2000 Chevrolet S-10 is offered in the following submodels: S-10 Regular Cab, S-10 Extended Cab. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. Mostly Interstate, Easy to drive great gas mileage great handling, Doors are heavy and hinges wear out easily, I purchased my 99 S10 2.2ltr, 5 speed, regular cab, 2wd, lowered 4 inches blast to drive truck in September of 2021 and I haven't been more satisfied with a vehicle ever and I've had several over my 35 years of driving. ok so i know ive asked this before but i cant find the old thread. Check back with us soon. The idle control valve sits on the throttle body and is responsible for adjusting the . 2003 Chevrolet S-10 Regular Cab Features & Specs Trim Base MSRP $14,770 MPG & Fuel 19 City / 25 Hwy / 22 Combined Fuel Tank Capacity: 18 gal. Affordable: It became an instant hit following the introduction because of its price. With the discontinuation of the S10 truck in 2004, the Chevy Colorado was born. With this, regardless of the chosen model, it is efficient. Has been a great truck. I get in, turn the key and she fires up every time with no hesitation or smoke. It was available in engines with either 147 or 180 HP. Ride comfort varies from car-smooth to strictly firm, depending on the choice of suspensions and tires. The length of the S10 pickup ranges from 190 to 205 inches, depending on the type of body or the cab. This was Chevrolets response to the growing market for economical, sporty pickups. Surprisingly, the extended cab's rear jump seats are comfortable enough for short trips, as long as only one adult occupies the space behind the front seats. There is also an upgrade option, which came with a 2.8L V6 engine. View all On the 94-04 Chevy S10, coolant travels through the intake gasket, so it can look like the water pump is leaking, but on this pickup its usually the intake gaskets leaking, Common problems with the distributor on the Chevy S10 are from a bad distributor cap and rotor, but sometimes its from worn internal parts. GMCs Sonoma is closely related to the S-10. 2003 Chevrolet Blazer KBB.com Consumer Reviews 4.0 Consumer Rating Based on 1,439 Reviews Write a Review 85 % Recommend this vehicle 5 41 % 4 32 % 3 14 % 2 9 % 1 5 % Value 4.1 Performance 4.2. I love the way the truck runs and drives; it has amazing comfort and reliability when it comes to a truck. We carry fully rebuilt transmissions in stock, ready to be installed. To give you a better idea of the overall performance of the Chevrolet S10, this section briefly looks at some of its most important technical specs: The heart of any car, the engine, is crucial to the overall performance. While it was not as popular as the other variants, the S10 pickup truck was also once available as an electric vehicle. Safety: Aside from quality, safety is also an issue in the S10 pickup truck. It has a dual exhaust which makes it sound larger than it is. find cheap prew-owned vehicles for sale near you. On the other hand, it is 28 mpg for highway and 24 mpg in combined conditions. One of the most notable was the S10 Baja. Meanwhile, the truck beds were available in long and short configurations. They gave me a new, Daniel Q. said: I never write reviews but I felt obligated to make sure I wrote a. Meanwhile, the 4.3L L35 engine produces 195 HP. $355,000. November 24, 2020 1A Auto Team 1A Auto Blog Home. Can You Drive a Long Distance With a Plugged Tire? Not to mention, it is more fuel-efficient compared to regular pickup trucks: This is one of the earliest designs of the S10 pickup. The issues they did have were easy fixes.. As for the vortec I always remember an older ex-chevy mechanic I went to school with saying as soon as they added the "vortec" in front of it, expect to pay an extra $300 on what you would pay if you did the same on a older 4.3L like I had.. Yea I want it pretty bad but if I can't get him to come down I don't think it's worth it At first I wanted a vortec cause they look bad as under the hood but I'd rather have something easy to work on and cheaper to fix and less computerized. S10forum is the community to discuss the S-Series, Chevrolet Colorado and GMC Canyon. That's highway and mostly around town. Driven over 50,000 mi. You wont find it in official dealers. The first generation had basic features and two cab types regular and extended. Now it's not going to win many straight line races but it definitely will get you to the finish line everytime with more money in your pocket from the gas you saved.

Carter County Drug Indictments, Bordelonville Obituaries, French Graveyards In Vietnam, Gary Mallaber Website, Redfin Associate Agent, Seattle, Articles OTHER